Chronic Pain PATH:
6 Weeks to Better Pain Management
Provided by: the Kalamazoo Area Agency on Aging 3A
Wednesday each week
March 18th – April 22nd
1:30pm to 4:00pm
This class is FREE!
Held at: SMG Health • 1300 W Centre Ave • Suite 103 • Portage, MI 49024
What is Chronic Pain?
Chronic Pain is a long term condition that lasts for longer than 3 – 6 months, or beyond the normal healing time of an injury. Some examples include pain of the neck, back, and shoulder; fibromyalgia; repetitive strain injury, chronic pelvic pain, whiplash injuries and more.
Who should participate?
Chronic Pain PATH (Personal Action Toward Health) is for adults who live with chronic pain. Family members, friends, and caregivers also are helped by the workshop.
What will I learn?
- Ways to deal with problems like frustration, fatigue, isolation & poor sleep
- Gentle exercise to move better and to feel better
- Use of medications
- Pacing: Activity and Rest
- Evaluating new treatments
- Better communication with family, friends & health care providers
Words from recent workshops:
- “Sometimes, ‘the hardest part is to start.’ This workshop helped me get started.”
- The “information was powerful.”
- “I now know that I am not alone. There’s a solution for everything!”